2 HDD JBOD RAID

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
hdrescue

2 HDD JBOD RAID

Post by hdrescue » Wed May 13, 2015 9:46 am

Hello Guys.

I have 2 500Gb drives from a lacie that I´m almost sure work as a JBOD.
One drives was full image, the other was partial. I need to reconstruct the RAID but in the Raid option I don´t find any reference to JBOD.
What option do I need to use? "Create virtual volume set"?
I know I will not get full recovery but I need to know I´m building it right to get the best results.
If possible assist me on this one.

Regards.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: 2 HDD JBOD RAID

Post by Alt » Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Right, "virtual volume set" is the option for your case. As you have a partial image, you may need to use empty space to make up for a gap in the images.

hdrescue

Post by hdrescue » Thu May 14, 2015 10:56 am

Hello,

The gap I already solved with other tool. Now I have two 500gb drives with the same sector syze.
Strange is that with other tools I can find a XFS partition and rstudio don´t find it.

I know some times this JBOD raids don´t start at sctor zero but not sure if is because of that.

Any sugestions?

Regards

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu May 14, 2015 11:29 am

That's easy. R-Studio unfortunately doesn't support XFS, though we plan to support it in the future. Don't ask me when.

hdrescue

Post by hdrescue » Thu May 14, 2015 11:35 am

That´s a shame :oops:

Thanks for letting me know.