LSI Raid 6 Parameters

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
dopalgangr

Re: LSI Raid 6 Parameters

Post by dopalgangr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:24 am

Ahh, now only if there was a guide on how to do that or someone willing to show me how ;) I admit, RAID recoveries are not my main expertise, and I have relied on software like this in the past to recover them easily or have been able to get the data back without going the hex route. Sorry if I was curt before, I realize people have businesses and need to make money, I also realize that this is a very unique and time consuming skillset. I don't expect anyone to "give away" something they have invested a lot of time in, but this is sensitive data and cannot be outsourced. I am willing to learn if someone is willing to provide the instruction, whether it be just a few sentences on the process so that I can follow it or an indepth document.

Corsari

Post by Corsari » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:52 pm

If you forward the hard drives of your storage to a professional, there the case will be managed with strict procedures about privacy with someone responsible for the privacy.

Companies like our one, do receive government cases and with a lot of respect, you may figure out that the content of a public office storage will be more sensitive than your one, for the simple fact that it could contain (and it has) data of thousands and thousands of citizens.

Also, who's a pro, has such an higher rhythm that it does result hard to find one second to go to the bathroom :-) so it would be impossible to either and only think about to go to parse the customers data: especially for those companies (like our one) that provides flat rates in advance.
Flat rates in advance can be read like this: who care if the content is a database or a butterfly collection? Total amount has been agreed and signed on the contract so there is no risk that "someone" goes to check which kind of data is contained with the aim to "tune" the charged amount in relation of the data value.

Many arguments hard to be figured out by the people.
Robert
Technical Manager @ Recupero Dati RAID FAsTec (Italy)

USEFUL RULES and GUIDELINES
1) What to check BEFORE begin a disk image/clone process [link]
2) Disks that are too slow while imaging/cloning them [link]
3) All my posts on this forum [link]

dopalgangr

Post by dopalgangr » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Well, I figured this out on my own and was able to recover all of the data. I guess I'm a professional after all ;) . If anyone wants to know how its done I would be happy to explain it to you.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:04 am

I think everyone will be happy if you publish that right here on the forum. Thank you in advance.