Recover Synology Raid

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
rawiblev

Re: Recover Synology Raid

Post by rawiblev » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Ok. Thanks. That makes sense as I thought there was only about 5TB of space instead of the 7TB it was reporting with Raid 5, but looking at the data initially pointed to raid 5 and re-claim me felt it was that as well. Is there any hopes in recovering it? How do I go about recovering the data? Thanks for all your help.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 pm

I tried to find out the RAID layout for synology hybrid RAIDs, but actually found not much useful information.
What is Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
I cannot right now tell you how to create such a structure, I'll try to think it over.

rawiblev

Post by rawiblev » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for all your help. I was thankfully able to recover it by using Reclaim-Me and R-Studio to detect and verify the raid parameters needed. I then used Raise Data Recovery for Ext2/3/4 with the raid plugin. Specifying the parameters for it allowed the data to be pulled off. Again, thanks for the help.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:45 am

What are the RAID parameters? For others with the same problem.

Data-Medics

Post by Data-Medics » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Edit: post removed, I didn't realize there was a second page of discussion on this thread... :D