Raid 6 Recovery, strange partition issues

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
faithtech

Raid 6 Recovery, strange partition issues

Post by faithtech » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:16 pm

Hey Guys,

I am trying to recover the data from a Thecus 5 Drive Raid 6 Array. They got hit by the Cerber virus and I am trying to recover the lost files. I have run Spinright on all the drives, and all drives check out fine, and show both Partitions as healthy, a 1gig information partition, and a 1.4tb data partition. However in the Emergency software, two of the drives do not show the 2nd partition, and one drive has a drop down box on partition 2 with 3 "partition 2"'s listed. The other two show both.

When I started with the Demo, the software did find the 4tb software raid, and I did a data find under that demo and saved it. However now that I am using the Paid version, the software is no longer showing the software raid, and I have the troubles listed above.

Any ideas? I am using the latest downloaded ISO burned to a disk.

Thanks,

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Raid 6 Recovery, strange partition issues

Post by Alt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:52 am

Sorry for the long delay with the reply.
Please, contact our techsupport with this problem. They'll need your system information. To obtain it please go to the Tools menu and select Save System Info...
Additional questions:
Were the same versions for the demo and registered R-Stuido Emergency? If the versions were differ0ent please get the system information with both versions.