how to recover red x marked files

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
Data-Medics

Re: how to recover red x marked files

Post by Data-Medics » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:11 pm

If TRIM trimmed it out, nope. No way to recover zero'ed out flash memory. Might be able to pull some random sector chunks left over from the wear leveling patterns, but that'll be useless for data recovery. Perhaps a bit of forensics to prove a crime, but not enough to have useful data.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:58 am

Guest wrote:Is that true if it was a "quick" format? Because that's what I did. I think I'm getting fairly close to the right parameters. Below is a recovered image. The top 1/10 of the image came out but the rest is corrupt. I'm going to give that parameter instructional a shot over the weekend. Thanks for the help so far guys.
TRIM can be invoked at any time after the system has freed disk space. Be it file deletion or disk format.

j8sonp

Post by j8sonp » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:03 pm

@ Data-Medics, I haven't had any luck with the recovery so far. I'm assuming you're with data-medics.com? How much would it cost for you guys to take a look at this thing?

Data-Medics

Post by Data-Medics » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:28 pm

We don't charge anything for the evaluation, but if it was cleared by T.R.I.M. running on the system there is nothing we'd be able to do.

Also, our lab is scheduled to be shut down for a few weeks in January, so we wouldn't even be able to look at it until the end of next month at this point. We're all going to be out of the country.