BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

User data encryption with R-Crypto.
MerleOne

BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

Post by MerleOne » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,
I just had a BSOD while trying to close a container made with R-Crypto (1.5 b 3346). Is this frequent ? Also the container resize function is not working apparently, is this normal ?

Thanks.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: BSOD on Win 8.1 & R-Crypto

Post by Alt » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:13 pm

I constantly use R-Crypto on Windows 8.1, and everything goes on smoothly.
Was it a single case, or did that happened several times?

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Alt wrote:I constantly use R-Crypto on Windows 8.1, and everything goes on smoothly.
Was it a single case, or did that happened several times?
Thanks for your answer. It was a single case. It occured when I tried to disconnect an encrypted container, which was locked by some other app. I was give the choice to cancel or try again, I chose try again or something like that and it occured at that moment. Since then, I never close a container when I get such a warning, I try to find what is locking it, close it and try again.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:30 am

Most likely this was some system application.

MerleOne

Post by MerleOne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:38 am

Yet another BSOD when unmounting a R-Crypto container, again on Win 8.1, see .zip file attached to this post, created by BlueScreenView from Nir Sofer. Clearly it's the filesystem that causes this issue. Should I contact R-TT support ? I can send them the minidump for further analysis if required.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:46 am

MerleOne wrote:Yet another BSOD when unmounting a R-Crypto container, again on Win 8.1, see .zip file attached to this post, created by BlueScreenView from Nir Sofer. Clearly it's the filesystem that causes this issue. Should I contact R-TT support ? I can send them the minidump for further analysis if required.

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay with the answer. Yes, contacting the techsupport would be the best option.