WD Sharespace raid 5 help

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
texasag

WD Sharespace raid 5 help

Post by texasag » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 pm

I have searched the forum and have found two old threads on Western Digital Sharespaces but no conclusive information on final resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been successful in getting the drive images but can't seam to find settings information for block size (I seam to remember setting this up as 512k but am not sure), block order, offset, etc.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: WD Sharespace raid 5 help

Post by Alt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 am

Maybe, this article can help you: Finding RAID parameters.

hddguy

Re: WD Sharespace raid 5 help

Post by hddguy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 am

texasag wrote:I have searched the forum and have found two old threads on Western Digital Sharespaces but no conclusive information on final resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been successful in getting the drive images but can't seam to find settings information for block size (I seam to remember setting this up as 512k but am not sure), block order, offset, etc.
The biggest issue you have here is the offset as it can vary. What size is your unit? Have you identified where superblock is? Try search for 'magic number' (53 EF) from sector 2827500 (in all Sharespace cases I worked on offset was after this so you need to find superblock.