Size limitation on the previewer or other issue?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
katzrecovery

Size limitation on the previewer or other issue?

Post by katzrecovery » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am demo-ing R-Studio and am having an issue. Many of the files that I am attempting to recover are coming back with an an error message when I attempt to view them;

filename.doc is damaged or file is not supported by the previewer. Press OK to view in Hexview or Cancel.

These files have a red "X" in the box next to them. Does this really mean that they are damaged or is there another issue?

Is there a size limit on the viewable file in the Demo version? Some of these are pretty small, since they are office/word doc., etc. For example, I just got this message on a jpg. I was attempting to view at a file size of 7881 bytes, and a document of 28160 bytes.

Thanks so much for your time! :)

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Size limitation on the previewer or other issue?

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:00 pm

There's no size limitation for previewing files. Something wrong with the process of data recovery. Please, describe your situation more precisely.
Red "x" means that the file was deleted.

katzrecovery

Post by katzrecovery » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, I went ahead & purchased the license for R Studio.

I am working on a PC that was reformatted about a week ago & not much work has been done on it since then. I am getting Green, Orange & Red "Recognized files" after I do the scan. However, when I attempt to recover any of these files I get the same message -

"filename.doc is damaged or file is not supported by the previewer. Press OK to view in Hexview or Cancel."

If I open in Hexview it is full of random characters. The actual file names do show up as were created by the user, but as mentioned, I cannot recover any of them.

Help?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:55 am

Can you post a screenshot of the Main panel and tell which recognised partition you're using?
The "reformatted PC", does that mean that a fresh OS has been installed on it?