Caldigit Raid 5 recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
Tushara

Caldigit Raid 5 recovery

Post by Tushara » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:34 am

I have a Caldigit raid 5 with 2TBX4HDD, Block size @ 256KB / Sector size @ 512 bytes. I accidentally Initialized the raid.i want to recover the data in it so, i tried R-studio i used Left Synchronous (standard) to reconstruct the raid and did a scan. When i try to preview the files, it says Most of the files are damaged, very few image files it opened but half the image is not there only half is there. Is some thing wrong with my scan setting?.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Caldigit Raid 5 recovery

Post by Alt » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:53 am

If the file system is NTFS or FAT, try to use ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery to fine the RAID parameters.

Tushara

Post by Tushara » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:45 am

Filesystem is HFS+

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 am

That's worse. I don't have much experience with HFS+ systems. I'd play with disk and block orders to find their correct values. And as far as I know, you may search for the HFS+ mark on disks to find the start of the file system.

ReclaiMe

Post by ReclaiMe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:48 am

For the sake of correctness, our RAID Recovery should be able to detect parameters with HFS/+ filesystem as well, although it may be much slower, and might require entire disk set to be fully scanned.