Raid 0 Query

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
ripface

Raid 0 Query

Post by ripface » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 am

Hi,

I have a Freecom Datatank 1TB NAS, and the power supply has "popped". I've borrowed a supply from a friend, but the device will still not power up. Looks like the controller board is toast!

It has two 500GB internal SATA drives in a 1TB Raid 0 partition. I don't think the drives were affected by the brown out, so would your utilities be able to recover the data from the drives? The device ran a cut-down linux kernel.

Regards,
John.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Raid 0 Query

Post by Alt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:45 am

You may try R-Studio for free, although you'll have.to get the drives out of your NAS and connect it to the computer with installed R-Studio.
Just download its demo version from our site and install it. R-Studio will work in its Demo mode, in which it will perform all data recovery actions, except saving recovered files. But you will be able to find and preview the files to estimate chances for successful data recovery.
This topic may be helpful for you: http://forum.r-tt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=289