Rwiped.exe exits without clearing page file

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Frustrated-RWC_Owner

Rwiped.exe exits without clearing page file

Post by Frustrated-RWC_Owner » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm

For the last few weeks, "RWipeD.exe", the process that's supposed to run after rebooting to erase the previous session's page file/swap files (and other files that couldn't be erased during R-Wipe&Clean's first pass), has exited almost immediately after startup without doing its work. It definitely appears in the RUN list to launch at startup, but after rebooting it only shows up in the tray for less than one second before it disappears. Obviously, the page file/swap file is not erased (but I don't know if it erases the other locked files or not). This used to work fine, but I can't identify any changes that might have affected this.

At first I thought it was a problem with my firewall (Comodo), but I've gone as far as to uninstall my firewall software completely and nothing works. I've also verified that there's enough free space on the system disk (there's over 18 GB available). And for the record, the "System->Swap Files" entry IS checked.

I've also tried launching RWipeD.exe manually by either double-clicking it in Explorer or in a command box, but nothing happens.

Logging is enabled, but the log file does not show anything about clearing the swap file(s). It doesn't even contain the word "swap" anywhere.

What's going on, and how to I fix this problem?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Rwiped.exe exits without clearing page file

Post by Alt » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:59 am

Please, contact our techsupport, they'll help you to fix this problem.