Demo recovered files full version doesn´t

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
marufino

Demo recovered files full version doesn´t

Post by marufino » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 am

Hello,
My WD Elements external HD stopped being recognized by my laptop and other laptops. Tried leaving it connected for a while and it did get recognized but the laptop did not allow me to open it. Downloaded R-studio demo and after 2hr the demo did recognize the HD, and I was able to recover a few of small files, less than 64KB. Did that to try and see how it works.
Yesterday bought the R-studio NTFS. Also, it took about 2hr for the r-studio to recognize the drive. Started a scan yesterday, and after about 24hr of scanning I stopped it, since I read on the manual that I could do multiple scans and start where I had stopped. Once stopped, it did not let me "Recover" or open the drive. It continuously gives this message: "The selected disk does not contain any supported file systems or the file system is corrupted. Select the scan command from the Drive menu to find all partitions that have ever been located on the same disk space". When I try to run new scans it does it instantly (takes about 1second) and nothing happens. I keep getting that message. So now I don´t know what to do, since the demo had worked, and now this doesn´t. Maybe it is the hardware....

Thanks for the help and your time

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Demo recovered files full version doesn´t

Post by Alt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 am

marufino wrote:Hello,
My WD Elements external HD stopped being recognized by my laptop and other laptops. Tried leaving it connected for a while and it did get recognized but the laptop did not allow me to open it.
I think, this is a hardware problem. Check if it's visible in Disk management. Then you may download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows and test whether the drive is working properly.