Data Recovery RAID 5 - Intel

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
i4mt3hwin

Data Recovery RAID 5 - Intel

Post by i4mt3hwin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:06 pm

I had a RAID-5 setup (3 disk) on a Intel X58 board. I moved the RAID to a newer board (Z77) and Intel's software is now reporting the raid as failed and two of the disks are supposedly not members anymore.

I created a virtual block raid on r-studio and loaded the 3 disks. I partially scanned the disk and it found a partition and a couple of files but when I try to recover the files they don't recover properly. Images cannot be opened in neither the previewer or any photo software. I'm a complete noob to using this program or even understanding RAID-5 setups. The entire array is 3, 2TB drives. Do I have to fully scan these before the files will recovery properly or am I screwed?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data Recovery RAID 5 - Intel

Post by Alt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 am

You don't have to scan the entire RAID, as it data should be OK, except some small data of the RAID controller.
Most likely you entered incorrect RAID parameters like disk and block order, etc. I recommend you to use ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery to find the RAID parameters.