Clearing window column settings

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Zoloft

Clearing window column settings

Post by Zoloft » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Hello there,

I installed the trial of your r-wipe&clean a few days ago, and so far I'm loving it. I only have one question. I like to set custom columns and sizes/locations for windows, and it seems every time RW&C runs it resets these window column options. Which item do I need to uncheck in order to prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Russell
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel Mother Night.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Clearing window column settings

Post by Alt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:29 am

RW&C doesn't keep column sizes, only those for windows and alike.

Zoloft

Post by Zoloft » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Let me give you an example of what I mean.

Notice in the first image, before RW&C has run, the only column is the "Name" column, the way I like my folders.

The second image is after RW&C has run, the folder columns have returned to windows default, with "Date Modified" "Type" and "Size" all in addition to the "Name" column.

How do I prevent RW&C from "cleaning" this folder column preference, so even after RW&C runs, I still only have the "Name" column?

Thanks again!

Russell
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel Mother Night.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 am

Do you mean that rw&c changes the column settings in Windows Explorer?

Zoloft

Post by Zoloft » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:05 am

Yes, please, that is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks!

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 am

Most likely you have Stored Explorer View Settings checked in you personal traces section of rw&c. Clear it and your view setting won't be changed.

Zoloft

Post by Zoloft » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:24 am

Outstanding! Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for!