Domain Controllers

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

Domain Controllers

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 am

Hi all,

I have been looking at the drive image software and it looks great! I am thinking of getting it for imaging our Servers and some of these servers are Domain Controllers and I wondered how it worked with DC's on a restore. Is it a case of restoring the image and then restoring a system state off-line for a good image restore?

Many thanks,
Simon

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Domain Controllers

Post by Alt » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 am

As far as I know, some use R-Drive Image for domain controller backup/restore. But I don't know much about the details.
An do remember: R-Drive Image has a time-limited full-functioning demo mode, so you may try it before buy.

buddyman

Post by buddyman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:45 am

Guest wrote:Hi all,

I have been looking at the drive image software and it looks great! I am thinking of getting it for imaging our Servers and some of these servers are Domain Controllers and I wondered how it worked with DC's on a restore. Is it a case of restoring the image and then restoring a system state off-line for a good image restore?

Many thanks,
Simon
I couldn't get it to complete a restore in regular Windows, don't think I would trust this for a DC. If it doesn't restore you are screwed. Support on this forum seems very spotty as well--I started a thread about a restore issue and got no reply at all. Going to try calling in Monday, not holding my breath though.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 am

What was the problem with restoring the regular Windows?

buddyman

Post by buddyman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 am

Alt wrote:What was the problem with restoring the regular Windows?
The problem was explained in a thread that had zero replies.