Possible to recover all the files deleted last time at once?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
TimLee

Possible to recover all the files deleted last time at once?

Post by TimLee » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

I have a ntfs partition (about 120GB capacity with 107GB used) accidentally and completely wiped out for some unknown reason, when I was under Windows and rebooting to Ubuntu.

I used R-Studio to scan that partition, and almost all the files were found. But there are files of over 350 GB in total that can be recovered from that partition, much larger than the partition's capacity 120GB. This is because RStudio actually found those files that I deleted long time ago, much earlier than the time when my partition was accidentally wiped out.

I don't want to recover those files deleted earlier, and I just want to recover the files deleted last time. So I was wondering if it is possible to recover all the files deleted last time? Or can I specify a time period, just to recover the files that were deleted during that period, not those deleted before that period?

Thanks and regards!

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Possible to recover all the files deleted last time at o

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 am

It's impossible to find when the files were deleted, so the only option is to use file stamps like creation / modification / access time. You may read more about this in our help: Find and Mark Multiple Files.