Can R-Studio do everything that R-Undelete can do?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rodneyjoyce

Can R-Studio do everything that R-Undelete can do?

Post by rodneyjoyce » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I renewed my license for R-Studio NTFS.

I stupidly formatted my partition with Windows 7 (And a lot of useful data) on it then installed Windows 7 over the same partition.

I ran the R-Undelete demo on that partition and can see some of my formatted files, however when I run R-Studio it looks different and I can't figure out how to get my files. I don't want to pay another $55 for R-Studio can do what R-Undelete can do...

Here is a screenshot of the R-Undelete view: http://screencast.com/t/ujkP6k4LIoFK

So, question; Can R-Studio do everything that R-Undelete can do?
If so, how can I restore the formatted files?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can R-Studio do everything that R-Undelete can do?

Post by Alt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 am

Do you use the latest R-Studio build?
R-Studio can do much more than R-Undelete, can I see the screenshots of the Drive Panel and Folders/Files after the scan in R-Studio?
Can you preview the files in R-Undelete?
And is NTFS the file file system on the disk?

rodneyjoyce

Post by rodneyjoyce » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks for replying, yes I have just bought a licence for the very latest build.

I can't preview the files (I am trying to restore a huge Outlook pst file) on a NTFS disk.

The problem is that the files it finds on R-Undelete (the ones I am missing) seem to be different to R-Studio.

So to perform the same function in R-Undelete, I Scan the disk and Click on Recover Files - is that correct?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 am

I mean can you preview any other files like some jpgs? That's necessary for me to understand whether R-Undelete really finds the files or only filenames in the file/folder structure.