Data recovery from a NAS device

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
steve52657

Data recovery from a NAS device

Post by steve52657 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm

I have an iomega storcenter ix2 4 TB (2x2TB HDD) in a Raid 1 (Mirriored) configuration. I copies all my data (Photos, music, videos) to it to use as network attached storage available by multiple computers and to off load the disk in my desktop. All went well, but i have accidently deleted the folder containing all my photos, you guessewd it, AFTER I had already deleted them from my desktop HDD...

So now I'm looking to recover them. The ix2 has been powered off (no additional I/O) since this happened. From what I can tell, I need to remove one of the NAS drives and connect it directly to the computer that I install R_Studio (or R_Undelete ) SW on, via a USB connection. Is this true or can I recover the photos off the NAS while in the network attached config?

Thanks!

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data recovery from a NAS device

Post by Alt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 am

Yes, you have to attach one of the disks to your desktop directly (faster) or through a USB adapter.
I believe the file system on that disk will be ext 2/3/4 (linux), so you may use our free program R-Linux. If it doesn't help, try R-Studio.