How to recover 0K files from ReadyNAS Duo?

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
dparkmit

How to recover 0K files from ReadyNAS Duo?

Post by dparkmit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi All,

I have a ReadyNAS Duo that recently crashed. So I bought a copy of R-Studio for my Mac and created an image of one of the drives in the ReadyNAS. I then started restoring the files. Thankfully, most of my files seemed to recover OK. But I noticed that a bunch of picture files were 0K in size. Can someone please let me know what caused the 0K files? Also, is it possible to recover these files at all? Here's one other piece of information. My wife deleted some pictures on the ReadyNAS a while ago. Would these files show up as 0K files?

Thanks in advance for the help and Happy New Years!

David

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: How to recover 0K files from ReadyNAS Duo?

Post by Alt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 am

0 for a file size means that the file record for that file is lost or damaged. Still, the content of the file may be intact. You may use scan for Known File Types while scanning. See R-Studio's help; Disk Scan, Known File Types. Usually, pictures can be easily recovered this way.