Recovery of my D drive on an HP AIO windows 2003 storage srv

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Blowfish

Recovery of my D drive on an HP AIO windows 2003 storage srv

Post by Blowfish » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am

Ok here is my situation, Have a HP storage server with Win 2003 Storage server OS. Have 12 drives total. Have a P800 raid controller. Raid 1 for the Os and Raid 6 for the data drives. I lost drive number 6 (in the second array Raid 6) and replaced it with a spare I had. Then after I replaced it, it appeared normal in the HP array utility. Almost too quickly. Then I noticed that drive 5 light was out and drive 4 was amber. So now I'm freaking. I shut the box down and put the broke drive back in and got the original problem. (drive 4 and 5 appeared good) So I shut it down again and replaced the drive 6 and and pressed f8 while rebooting. It took me to the proper place and everything looks good. I now see my missing d drive however, it does not have the size on it nor does it look like anything is there. I went to the array utility and it said I must re-enable the drive. I did. The array utility states it has background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress. Does this mean it will have to rebuild before I see anything? I see the D drive but is does not show the size of the drive. From Windows, everything looks "healthy"

With all that said, should I just continue to wait as the d drive is over 750 gigs or should I start looking at the Rstudio for windows ntfs network product?
The d drive only has data from my document imaging system and is a weird file type.
Thanks for any input.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovery of my D drive on an HP AIO windows 2003 storage

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 am

As I understand, time has passed, and the process of RAID rebuilding became irreversible. That's bad, because this process overwrites data on the RAID making data recovery very difficult, if even possible.