Backing Up Truecrypt Volume

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
ismatd

Backing Up Truecrypt Volume

Post by ismatd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

I have a hard drive with two partitions; each has been encrypted. The system sees them as D and E, whereas after Truecrypt mounts them the actual data is seen under F and G. RDI only shows D and E as being available for backup. How can I validate my actual data was backed up without restoring and validating? I would prefer it if there was a way for RDI to show me F and G for backup; is that possible?

ismatd

Re: Backing Up Truecrypt Volume

Post by ismatd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 pm

If anyone has any feedback, would appreciate it. I have been without a backup for almost a week.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 am

We tested how R-Drive Image worked with Truecrypt-ciphered partitions, and all worked seamlessly. R-Drive Image sees all partitions, the physical one as a partition on the harddrive, the truecrypt one as a Pure Volume, any can be imaged.
If you still have the problem, contact our techsupport with the system dump when the truecrypt volume is mounted (About -> System dump), and a detailed description of the encrypted volume (when it's on the disk and how it's encrypted). Please, provide a reference to this topic.

ismatd

Post by ismatd » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:58 am

This is very strange, the partitions are now available for backup. Being a new system, many changes have been made as apps have been added and removed for causing BSOD's :-) I did try and figure out what caused the original issue, not been able to reproduce. Thank you for your research, much appreciated. My trusted RDI backups are again up and running.