History & Background

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
silvanet

History & Background

Post by silvanet » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

I attended the American Academy of Forensic Sciences annual meeting last week. In various workshops issues concerning data recovery and the new field of mobile device data recovery were discussed. I'd be interested in finding out more about the history and background of R-TT and it's software as it was developed. I know from experience that you guys have been at this a lot longer than many of today's "experts." Is there someone I can contact, or can you give me some direction in this research? NIST (U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology) is testing commercial data recovery tools and says it will publish its results soon. They only identified the seven tested tools by number, but I know none of them are yours because they stated that none of the tools tested were able to recover data from HFS, HFS+, HFSX formatted drives. I was baffled that U.S. government experts in data recovery had never even heard of your tools. They all use Accesdata's FTK Imager. How does your file imaging compare with FTK's?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: History & Background

Post by Alt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 am

Frankly speaking, governmental agencies, especially forensic ones, have their own reasons not quite comprehensible for common people. We have several forensic customers, though.