R-Linux MTS Custom Known File Type

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.

R-Linux MTS Custom Known File Type

Post by guest » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Is it possible to load a custom known file type using R-Linux? I've tried to load a FileType xml file to recover all my home videos that were deleted from an ext4 NAS hard drive. The videos were taken with Panasonic cameras using the MTS (AVCHD) format which surprisingly does not appear to be one of the built in known file types. Both Panasonic and Sony cameras use this as the primary video file type. I've tried for both rli_en_4_x86_64.rpm, which is my 1st choice, and rli_en_4.exe. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Linux MTS Custom Known File Type

Post by Alt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:43 am

The custom known file type feature is for R-Studio only. You can't use it in our free R-Linux software.

mclaugb

Post by mclaugb » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 pm

I've lost tons of videos because R-studio does not have an MTS filetype.

Does anyone have an MTS filetype XML file I can use? I've struggled to create the filetype description as I'm not sure about how to locate the filetype pre and postfix. My approach was to open a few good MTS files in a hex editor, search for some similiar characters at the beginning and end and try to paste this into the appropriate XML sections.

Help please! (I'm not great at reading Hex patterns from MTS files!)

I can try to email some small MTS files if someone is willing to help me.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:54 am

mclaugb wrote:I've lost tons of videos because R-studio does not have an MTS filetype.

Does anyone have an MTS filetype XML file I can use? I've struggled to create the filetype description as I'm not sure about how to locate the filetype pre and postfix. My approach was to open a few good MTS files in a hex editor, search for some similiar characters at the beginning and end and try to paste this into the appropriate XML sections.

Help please! (I'm not great at reading Hex patterns from MTS files!)

I can try to email some small MTS files if someone is willing to help me.
I created a file type description file for an MTS stream: Can R-Studio recover SDHC.

mclaugb

Post by mclaugb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 pm

[/quote]
I created a file type description file for an MTS stream: Can R-Studio recover SDHC.[/quote]

I cannot seem to get this link to work. Is the link dead? I'm logged in and tried on multiple machines and browsers.

Also--I put several MTS files at this link:
http://forum.r-tt.com/post11302.html?hi ... ype#p11302

Thanks!
BM

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:22 am

mclaugb wrote: I created a file type description file for an MTS stream: Can R-Studio recover SDHC.
This one is correct: Can R-Studio recover SDHC