Data recovery on iPhone

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
LostInTechnology

Data recovery on iPhone

Post by LostInTechnology » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 am

Hi!

Is it possible to recover data from a formatted iPhone ?

My 3 year old kid activated the phone lock while playing with it and for some reason he cannot remember the unlock code ;-)

I called Apple and was sent to my Rogers store to no avail. Called back Apple and was rerouted to the Apple Store, where the friendly neighborhood Apple tech guy told me I had to format my phone to "unlock" it. Nice. Now I have a working phone but no more memories of my child.

Yes I know, I should have made a backup... Can I still use an RTT product to unformat my phone and then restore my personnal files (videos and pictures). I do not care about the contacts or anything else...

Thanks!

Mark

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data recovery on iPhone

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Unfortunately, Apple does everything possible to prevent its users from deep access to iPhone internals. That's why, although it's possible to download photos from iPhone when it's connected to a computer, R-Studio doesn't see it as a disk and can't access it for file recovery.
I know that there're some data recovery companies that work with iPhones, maybe they can help.

frank32

Post by frank32 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:02 am

Alt wrote:Unfortunately, Apple does everything possible to prevent its users from deep access to iPhone internals. That's why, although it's possible to download photos from iPhone when it's connected to a computer, R-Studio doesn't see it as a disk and can't access it for file recovery.
I know that there're some data recovery companies that work with iPhones, maybe they can help.
Can you suggest any of these data recovery companies? I am in desperate need. I tried asking my if they have data recovery services but they do not currently offer this. I would have thought that using would somehow offer some sort of data recovery in the cloud.

Thanks

Frank
Last edited by frank32 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

The only solution I can recommend it Google.

beaolara anylor

Post by beaolara anylor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 am

You can still recover iPhone data it with the help of some data recovery software.
Take a look at below steps, which may help you to recover deleted lost data from iPhone 4/4S/5:
• Step 1: Select the device to scan
• Step 2: Enter the DFU mode and then scan your iPhone
1) Hold your iPhone and click "Start".
2) Press "Home" and "Power" button at the same time when you click "Start",and hold for 10 seconds. The program will count it for you.
3) After 10 seconds passing, release "Power" and keep pressing "Home" for another 10 seconds.
• Step 3: Preview and recover deleted iPhone files
Done!

cehtmsatis

Post by cehtmsatis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:27 am

iPhone data recover
Lots of iPhone users think it is impossible to recover lost data from iPhone, in fact , it is possible. There is no
method 1: Trash bin to recover the deleted photos from. Your option are
Restore from your iCloud backup, if you used iCloud to backup your phone, see iCloud: Backup and restore overview, or estore from a backup you made with iTunes on your mac.

method 2: Restore from the PhotoStream synced to your other devices. Do you have Photo Stream enabled? Then your iPhone will have a sent all photos added to the camera roll to the photo stream, and other devices you sync with the Photo Stream may have downloaded the photos, see: iCloud:
You can also go to this article about recovering data in iPhone to get a better solution which is suitable to you. Even though you don't backup your files before, you can get your data back.
Last edited by cehtmsatis on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am

Not all people sync their data, that's the problem.

willsonshield

Post by willsonshield » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Right click your iPhone in your iTunes' sidebar, then select "Restore Lost Data from iPhone Backup". iTunes should ask you now what backup you want to restore from, just select the latest one (should be preselected) and it should start restoring all you data.