R-Studio Staying Minimized on the Taskbar

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Cluster_Tech

R-Studio Staying Minimized on the Taskbar

Post by Cluster_Tech » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:57 am

I just installed the latest release of R-Studio to recover a badly damaged hard drive. Since the drive is in such bad shape, I expect that it will take a long time to image. I minimized the application to the task bar but now when I click the icon on the task bar it it does not open the window. I would like to be able to monitor what this software is doing. I am using Windows 7 Pro, any idea on how I can restore the view for this?

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio Staying Minimized on the Taskbar

Post by Alt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Well, it looks like the drive is really hard damaged. R-Studio freezes when it waits for Windows to read some data from the drive. If the drive cannot be properly read, that may causes long delays. This is the way Windows (and other OS, by the way) works.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Ok thank you for that information,

I have managed to make an image with a different backup solution, but that solution does not work well on Windows 7 and I opted to go with your software instead of upgrading theirs. I hope I am successful getting an image with R-Studio, I am doing a byte to byte image.

I did find that in Windows I hit ctrl+alt+del and switched to the program from the taskmanager and the small reference window popped up so I can at least see that it is still working though the full management dashboard has yet to pop up, I hope that is not an issue. I am fully expecting this scan to take many days, this drive was hit hard.

Will it attempt to read all sectors before it decides that the scan has failed?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:39 am

Guest wrote: Will it attempt to read all sectors before it decides that the scan has failed?
It shouldn't decide that the scan has failed, even if R-Studio isn't be able to read all the sectors. It simply fills the entire image with the Pattern to fill bad blocks.