File too big

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
gwill23

File too big

Post by gwill23 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 pm

I bought this software to recover my SQL database files after accidentally deleting the partitions on my hard drive. The software tells me the files are too big? Why can't it recover them?

For that matter is there a way to recover the partitions and then everything will still be there?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: File too big

Post by Alt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:34 pm

gwill23 wrote:I bought this software to recover my SQL database files after accidentally deleting the partitions on my hard drive. The software tells me the files are too big? Why can't it recover them?
Most likely you're trying to save the recovered files on a FAT disk which can't store files larger than 2GB. If not, please, describe your situation in more details. What is the file size, what is the file system of the partition from where the lost files resided, etc.
gwill23 wrote:For that matter is there a way to recover the partitions and then everything will still be there?
We don't use such "intrusive" disk recovery, because when it fails the data becomes irreversibly overwritten, which may make further data recovery impossible.