OEM Recovery Media & Partition Sizes

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Sam

OEM Recovery Media & Partition Sizes

Post by Sam » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 pm

If I create my OEM recovery master image with a small hard drive - say 64GB, and then I distribute the recovery media an end user whose system has a 1TB HDD, will the restore function correctly, and if so - what happens with the extra space?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: OEM Recovery Media & Partition Sizes

Post by Alt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 pm

At first glance, I see two problems:
1. The user will have to manually expand the hard drive size from 64 Gb to 1 TB while restoring the image,
2. As obviously the drives will be of different types, Windows will have to install additional drivers for the larger disk.
And possibly but not for sure some problems with Windows activation may occur.

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks for the reply Alt. I tried calling the sales number but didn't reach anyone - I have a few questions regarding licensing that I need answered.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

I think you can send me the questions to raptorbck (at) gmail (dot) com , and I'll forward them to an appropriate person.

Sam

Post by Sam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi Alt - I emailed you on Monday and have not heard anything back yet. Could we please expedite this? I am interested in moving forward with the product as it seems to be a good fit for my needs, but I need some questions answered before I can make a final decision.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 am

I forwarded both your e-mails, and I believe they'll contact you soon.