R-Drive(Technician) on Windows 8.1- Mapped Network Drives?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
The IT Pro

R-Drive(Technician) on Windows 8.1- Mapped Network Drives?

Post by The IT Pro » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello,

We have R-Drive installed on a Windows 8.1 OS, and when using the Virtual Image Mapping feature, when given the list/tree of drives and directories to select an image, mapped network drives visible in Windows Explorer do not show up in the list. Expanding the "Network" tree, works as it scans for all network locations and we can do it from there. It's just, if I manually map a network drive, R-Drive does not see it, even when visible in Windows Explorer. We have tried compatibility modes as well, but that does not work. I am wondering if this is intentional or a bug. Is R-Drive fully compatible with Windows 8.1? The website says, Windows 8 but not 8.1, the kernel was changed in 8.1 so that's why I am bringing it up.

A small issue, nonetheless.

Thanks,

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Drive(Technician) on Windows 8.1- Mapped Network Drive

Post by Alt » Thu May 01, 2014 8:53 am

I passed the problem to our developers, let them check it.

The IT Pro

Post by The IT Pro » Thu May 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks!, I see it was patched in the newest release. Awesome support! Will continue to post potential bugs if or when I find any.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon May 12, 2014 5:26 am

Actually, it wasn't a bug in its strict sense, Microsoft changed some permission rules in Windows 8.1.