Data recovery after reinstalling windows

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
alli

Data recovery after reinstalling windows

Post by alli » Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 pm

I was reinstalling windows 7 on the laptop. When I try to restore my documents, my own backup (with all the documents) was damage and unrecoverable.

I am now trying to recover the documents (words and excels files) on the laptop by trying to locate the files on the laptop hard drive.

I ran the R-studio but get over 100 orange partition. I picked one orange partition that has my document names and folders in them.

The files/folders all have red x on them (at least the folders that I want to recover) and they cannot be previewed.

I tried to recovered those files. After recovery to an external drive, the files are all corrupted and damaged cannot be opened. I even try R-word but it only show gibbish.

I am still trying to go thru every orange partition to see if there are any partition that have the files I want to recover but without the red x on it.

Any other suggestions?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Data recovery after reinstalling windows

Post by Alt » Mon May 19, 2014 5:14 am

When you re-installed Windows, the new data might overwrite the previous one, that's the problem.