icons list?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
nkoss

icons list?

Post by nkoss » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Is there a list of the various icons used , such as the red 'X' over a folder. How about the blue color that fills a checkbox, etc, etc?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: icons list?

Post by Alt » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm

R-Studio uses standard Windows/Mac/Linux icons for existing files and folders. It also introduces some marks on file icons for deleted, cross-linked, questionable, etc files/folders. They are described in respective help pages. For example, deleted files and folders appear on the Folders/Content panel, and their icons appear on that help page: Basic File Recovery.

nkoss

Post by nkoss » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:45 pm

That link is broken, but are you referring to the file called "File Recovery Basics: How Data Recovery Works"? If so, they don't really explain the codes. I specifically want to know what the red "X" on a folder means and also a blue-shaded checkbox next to a folder.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:35 am

The link is corrected now. Sorry for my error.
A red cross means a deleted folder. Not sure about " a blue-shaded checkbox next to a folder.", but looks like a cross-linked folder, that is, a folder that contains data belonging also to other folders.

nkoss

Post by nkoss » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I found the actual manual for the program and the icons are listed, but I appreciate your persistence in helping.

I know it's not nice to change subjects, but you seem to know what you are doing. I am recovering data from a large HD and the scan produced about 10 green lines and about 50 orange ones. One of the orange lines seemed to recover all the files (or, at least, I think it is all of them). Is there any reason to go through all the other "RecognizedXXX" lines?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:17 am

nkoss wrote: I know it's not nice to change subjects, but you seem to know what you are doing. I am recovering data from a large HD and the scan produced about 10 green lines and about 50 orange ones. One of the orange lines seemed to recover all the files (or, at least, I think it is all of them). Is there any reason to go through all the other "RecognizedXXX" lines?
You need to test the recovered files whether they're really recovered. Unfortunately, when R-Studio says "File recovered successfully" that means merely that it has successfully copied all file's clusters from the disk to a new file. R-Studio (and other data recovery programs) cannot verify that those clusters contain file's actual data.
If the recovery is really successful an you've got your files back, you may look at those recognized partitions just for curiosity. If the recovery is unsuccessful, chances are that files you want to recover can be found in those partitions. The real situation greatly depends on what actually happened to the disk and I cannot say more without inspecting the data on the disk firsthand.

nkoss

Post by nkoss » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 am

Thank you again. I looked at a few of those other "RecognizedXXX" and they all seemed to contain garbage, and fortunately looking at the actual recovered files, I think I'm OK. This R-Studio software is definitely a life saver and SOOOO worth the $80.