Connect differential backup not working

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
andya68

Connect differential backup not working

Post by andya68 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm

I created a full backup and then created a differential backup job and scheduled it. I delete the job and the differential backups and started over with a new differential backup job. Now we need to have the whole series of differential backup files present in order to Connect an Image as a Virtual Logical Disk.

If the whole series of differential backups are not in the same folder as the full backup file, the Connect an Image process hangs.

I believe all we should need is to have a single differential backup file and the original differential backup file available. But when we try that, the Connect an Image process just hangs. Any advice is welcome. (I will delete all the files and recreate the full backup and differential backup jobs over the holidays, but if you have any insights, they are welcome!) Thank you.
-- AndyA

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Connect differential backup not working

Post by Alt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:41 am

Are ALL the differential backup files from the same new job? Or some from the deleted and some from the new one?