Backup Issues

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
RandallX

Backup Issues

Post by RandallX » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Greetings..
I have been having some issues with the backup program lately. I have never been able to get a script to actually work. I create the script within the program and save it to a file. Then, when I click it, it brings up a cmd window, looks like it is initializing the rdi then exits. Nothing happens. I have made many attempts at this, all to no avail.

Another issue is when I want to have the program run a program at the completion of the back up. I have a compiled script program that pops up a notice on my screen that the backup is complete. It is in an .exe format. But it doesn't run.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. If you need more info, I will be happy to provide it.
Sincerely
Randall

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Backup Issues

Post by Alt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Please, contact our techsupport with these issues. They'll help you to solve it.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:10 pm

OK, I did call your tech support, and while they may have been giving me the 'correct' answers, they did not help me in any way.

What I want to do, is: Create a script that will do a backup on demand. So that I can have a client click on an icon on their screen that will just run the process without having them run the program, navigate to the proper screen and click Run. So, is it possible to do this with R-Drive or not?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Nevermind.. I figured it out on my own..
Thanks
Randall

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Well, what was the actual problem? Because your actions described in your first post were correct for doing what you want to do. So, I decided there might be some hardware or system issue and sent you to our techsupport.