SLOW

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
nolanjason1

SLOW

Post by nolanjason1 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:36 pm

I just downloaded R Studio today to pull data off of a single drive LG NAS (N1A1) that failed. I pulled the disk out (it is a 1 TB Seagate SATA drive). The disk is in good shape, and I just needed to be able to access it (the NAS is Linux based so I couldn't mount it to my windows laptop as an external drive).

RT Studio"found" the disk. I selected the partition i wanted and clicked "view files". It has been running for 53 minutes and is telling me the remaining time is 2 DAYS 8 HOURS (and climbing). I suspect that their is no more than 400GB of data on the partition I selected.

This doesn't seem like "normal" performance? Any suggestions?

Corsari

Re: SLOW

Post by Corsari » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:41 pm

So.. this tells that your drive shapes badly and not fine

Check it's SMART ' values

Read the howtos in my signature

Beware since you are realistically going to selfkill your drive
Robert
Technical Manager @ Recupero Dati RAID FAsTec (Italy)

USEFUL RULES and GUIDELINES
1) What to check BEFORE begin a disk image/clone process [link]
2) Disks that are too slow while imaging/cloning them [link]
3) All my posts on this forum [link]

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: SLOW

Post by Alt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:12 pm

Actually, checking SMART is a good idea to start any disk operation.
There may be another possibility: the file system on the disk is corrupted. R-Studio doesn't simply "opens" a partition, it performs a very deep analysis of its file system to find deleted and lost files. Sometimes that results in a very slow file enumeration.
If you need just to copy files from an ext partition, you may use some free software like Ext2Fsd Project.