Recovery on a Wd My Book thunderbolt duo

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
boomscud

Recovery on a Wd My Book thunderbolt duo

Post by boomscud » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:18 am

Hi.

I need help to recover my data on a Western Digital My book case 4tb Thunderbolt Duo. I using R§studio for mac.

The problem is that the box was in raid 0 and plugging the morning he appeared JBOD. Of course I no longer access to your data.

For safety I cloned the two disks on new disc 4TB and I work on the new disk.

I have pluged it in SATA for the recovery maybe it's

I have a second identical case also in RAID 0 to work properly, I then look at the parameters of the RAID 0 on the case that works for reproduires on my virtual raid.

After a scan I see the name of my partition disappeared and my tree structure files. I cried victory too soon because when I recovered files the vast majority of files is unreadable.

I try to retrieve data from the housing by thunderbolt and also by connecting the SATA drive on the mac (hackintosh).The HFS + partitions are concerned since the drives are used in OS X.

Would you have any advice for me to attempt a recovery?

Feel free to ask me or ask me if you want to capture screens.

Really thank you for your help. sorry for my english, i'm french and I use google translation.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovery on a Wd My Book thunderbolt duo

Post by Alt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

May it be a disk hardware fault? Can you connect the disks to a SATA port and look at their SATA status?

Corsari

Re: Recovery on a Wd My Book thunderbolt duo

Post by Corsari » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Hello boomscud

Read advices in my signature

Also I think you have an incomplete images set, because you say that you have images of two drives 2TB each on a 4TB one... but for having images means you have formatted your 4TB drive with some filesystem, which subtracts sectors to the whole amount.

We prefer to place images on drives which the capacity is larger than the images total size or instead, drive2drive.

Last, you'd better use the HEX editor and verify the parameters. Recently we had a similar experience and we found that your approach was producing a wrong result: same hardware, slightly different FW version, different offsets.

Kind regards
Robert
Technical Manager @ Recupero Dati RAID FAsTec (Italy)

USEFUL RULES and GUIDELINES
1) What to check BEFORE begin a disk image/clone process [link]
2) Disks that are too slow while imaging/cloning them [link]
3) All my posts on this forum [link]