Error

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
LoboX

Error

Post by LoboX » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi

Quick question when i image with R-Studio, and i try to open a scan information i get this.

why? What does this error means.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Error

Post by Alt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 am

That means that the MFT is corrupted. I cannot say how seriously without seeing the data on disk.

LoboX

Post by LoboX » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:36 am

Alt wrote:That means that the MFT is corrupted. I cannot say how seriously without seeing the data on disk.
Wow ok, so i cannot fix MFT and then try to get a delete data? Or once MFT is corrupted there is nothing i can do?

Im just curious cause files where erased from this hdd, so i image the hdd and tried to get the data but for some reason is already overwritten, does a corrupted MFT cause this?

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Usually those messages don't mean anything bad for data recovery, as data recovery software uses more information about files than MFT stores. But the final verdict cannot be made unless disk data has been analyzed.
Your words about "overwritten files" sound more disturbing. Do they mean that something has been written over the content of those files? If yes, consider them gone regardless on what R-Studio and any other data recovery software can show in the file/folder tree.

LoboX

Post by LoboX » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:34 pm

Alt wrote:Usually those messages don't mean anything bad for data recovery, as data recovery software uses more information about files than MFT stores. But the final verdict cannot be made unless disk data has been analyzed.
Your words about "overwritten files" sound more disturbing. Do they mean that something has been written over the content of those files? If yes, consider them gone regardless on what R-Studio and any other data recovery software can show in the file/folder tree.
Wow i was afraid of that, i say they are overwritten files cause they don't work, they don't open, when i see the folder that was deleted with an X i open the folder and the files inside are repeated don't know why, when i check on hex is just junk.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:06 pm

A cross on the file or folder means that they're marked as deleted files. They may be overwritten if Windows decided it needed the disk space they occupied,

LoboX

Post by LoboX » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Got it.

Thanks.