False report: [no] Issues with latest Linux Version

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Data-Medics

False report: [no] Issues with latest Linux Version

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:07 pm

I created a support ticket for this, but hoping to get an answer faster rather than slower.

I've got the latest linux version installed 3.9.1878, but when I click to create block RAID, all drives just disappear from Device View. Seems to do it every time and the only way to get it back is to close and reopen the program.

Also I can't connect over network even though I have Technician license key installed on both ends, so I can't work around it that way either now. Any help?

Data-Medics

Re: Issues with latest Linux Version

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Update: I actually now just discovered that all I have to do is press the "refresh" button, and they disappear too. So it seems to be more related to the refresh than to the create block RAID. Please fix this or post the old version back on the site so I can take care of this RAID recovery today, this is quite a glitch.

I'm running a Debian build Linux server. Sparky Linux to be more specific, which has worked well for a long time.

Data-Medics

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Guys, you've really got to make older versions available on your site. Especially for those of us who have Technician Licenses and have businesses to run. Got an emergency RAID recovery to do RIGHT NOW!!!!!! but I can't because your latest update broke the program.... please fix this NOW!!!!!! at the very least, post an old version on your site somewhere so I can go back to it. I'm now frantically searching every hard drive I have hoping to find an older Debian install package to roll it back.

Anyone here???

Data-Medics

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Just spoke with Tech Support, and they aren't even willing to provide an install package of an older version, despite the fact that I paid $1000 for a technician license. I'm regretting buying it already! Extremely bad business practices!!!!

If you aren't going to test your builds before releasing them, you need to have older versions available. It's common sense to any idiot.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:30 pm

I contacted our techsupport, they told me your case is to be resolved. Our techsupport will contact you soon.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 am

We would like to clarify some points on this matter. Our technician could not provide data-medics ( with access to older versions of R-Studio because we typically do not provide our customers with old versions of our software and our support team does not have such access either. The technician had to contact his supervisor and our developers to fulfill the request. Nevertheless, data-medics was provided with the requested links within one and half hour.

Also, we checked the current R-Studio for Linux build on different computers in our lab with a similar software configuration but we were unable to reproduce the issue, as well as no one else has reported it to our techsupport. We haven’t received any additional clarifications from data-medics and he still hasn't reported if there was the same
issue with the old R-Studio for Linux build or not. In accordance with our developer's report, the program module that might behave so strange has not been changed for a while.

For now we are considering the issue as a specific glitch on a specific machine that could appear because of conditions that couldn’t be simulated in our testing lab.