R-Studio and DeepSpar Disk Imager

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
RForce

R-Studio and DeepSpar Disk Imager

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:58 am

I am unable to bring up the file listing with DRE, but can do so with R-Studio. R-Studio identifies the files that are OK and those which are unprocessed, yet I cannot find a method to select only the files by that status. How do I select only the files with the status OK without having to manually go down through the entire directory tree and do it manually?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio and DeepSpar Disk Imager

Post by Alt » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:28 pm

You may click the Status B/C and files will be sorted by that value.

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:38 pm

That only sorts the one folder. How does that help me select all the files on the drive that have the status "OK"? If I cannot modify my selection based on status like I can based on extension, what is the point of showing the status? I don't have time to look at every single file and manually select those with the status, "OK".

Edit: Is there a way to list all the files in a single list, like we File Scavenger? Then I can sort by status and select only those with the status I want to recover.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:15 pm

No, you cannot list all files that way. Right now the only option is to sort files in each folder individually and mark them using the Shift-click on the last OK file.

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Too bad...that makes this information absolutely useless.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 pm

I made a feature request to our developers.

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:34 pm

I made the request via email Oct 6, 2014...to which the reply was the same. It seems that the developers don't like this idea.

RForce

Post by RForce » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 am

It is now the end of July 2019 and still nothing. You've added some sort of smart file verification that is hardly ever correct, based on file signatures and contents. I would have thought it would be so much easier to look at the map and say, yup, we got all the sectors of that file read, it should be good, unless the contents have been overwritten prior to the hard drive failure.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:45 am

RForce wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 am
It is now the end of July 2019 and still nothing. You've added some sort of smart file verification that is hardly ever correct, based on file signatures and contents. I would have thought it would be so much easier to look at the map and say, yup, we got all the sectors of that file read, it should be good, unless the contents have been overwritten prior to the hard drive failure.
Well, you can see the overlapped files in the Technician version by right-clicking the file and select Get Info on the context menu.

RForce

Post by RForce » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:59 am

I don't have time to dig through every sub-directory and file to verify if they actually open.

R-Studio is already cross-referencing the DDI bitmap and identifying the files that haven't been fully cloned. I just want a way to go to my filter and select all files that are 100% cloned or the opposite so I can provide my client with a list of good and bad files...even if I have to save them out to separate folders and generate a report with snap2html.

I've found the recovery chances not very accurate in that it shows files that are completely filled with zeros because they aren't yet cloned with PC3000 DE as Good.