Maping Network Drives in R-Drive Image 6.0

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Mario Stuck

Maping Network Drives in R-Drive Image 6.0

Post by Mario Stuck » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:09 am

Hi,

we are just evaluating the software and it looks great so far. But we need to save the images an network folder, but there is no option to specifiy network credentials or map network drives (some screenshots shows a button, but this one is not to find in the trial version).

How to backup images on network folders?

Actual using teh the version 6014 as trial.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Mario Stuck
IT-Direkt

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Maping Network Drives in R-Drive Image 6.0

Post by Alt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 pm

If you test the Windows version, you connect the network drive through the host Windows. The drive appears in the folder tree on the Image Destination tab.
If you test the startup version, you should map the network drive on the Image Destination tab. See R-Drive Image help: Network Drives.
The trial version doesn't restrict this feature.

Mario Stuck

Post by Mario Stuck » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:24 am

OK. I'm testing the "normal" download version.

I've set up a schedule, which will bring allways the error "drive does not exist" (of course).

I was looking for an option to specifiy the login credentials for backup on network shares.

How to set up a schedule to backup on network drives?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:13 am

If you want to perform any (not only backup operations) using a network drive, you have two options:
1. The network drive should already be connected.
2. R-Drive Image can start a batch file to connect the drive before the operation and, if necessary, disconnect the drive after the operation.
The batch file should be specified in the Backup AUX applications option on the Backup Options Panel.
This article explains which commands to use to create such butch files: How to Map Network Drives From the Command Prompt in Windows.

Mario Stuck

Post by Mario Stuck » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:33 am

The maping will not work in scripts executed via a service. Mapings will work only when executed in an user enviroment.

The must be a option in the command line to specify username und password for connection to shares.

I have not found such a switch or option.

Thanks for any advice.

Mario