Android Keystore file grep search

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rop12770

Android Keystore file grep search

Post by rop12770 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:31 am

Hi

I have a case here, where a client lost the Android Keystore file which is unique and needed to update the app on the Play Store.
I need to search on the drive for that file, but I'm not sure which type of file to search, since it's not a usual file that R-Studio or similar would search for.
So, how to only search for that specific file?
One other thing: I need to find it on a MacOS laptop with a SSD drive. Can TRIM make this worse? The file seems to be lost for a few months already and the laptop didn't stopped working....
Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Android Keystore file grep search

Post by Alt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:10 am

rop12770 wrote:Hi
I have a case here, where a client lost the Android Keystore file which is unique and needed to update the app on the Play Store.
I need to search on the drive for that file, but I'm not sure which type of file to search, since it's not a usual file that R-Studio or similar would search for.
So, how to only search for that specific file?
You need to create your own Known File Type. See this article for more details: Creating a Custom Known File Type for R-Studio.
rop12770 wrote:One other thing: I need to find it on a MacOS laptop with a SSD drive. Can TRIM make this worse? The file seems to be lost for a few months already and the laptop didn't stopped working....
Thanks
It will. If the file was deleted, it's most likely gone. If something like a crash, chances still remain.