r linux crashed after running for a few days.

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
zerophase

r linux crashed after running for a few days.

Post by zerophase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Just let me know if you want the logs, and where I should be able to find them.

Not sure, if I can recover anything useful from this ext4 drive. I let r linux run for about 4 days, and all I got was about 49gigs out of a 1.7tb of used partition space. I recovered most of the folders, but all of those were empty. Does doing a detailed scan before a recovery increase odds of recovering a disk?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: r linux crashed after running for a few days.

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:57 pm

zerophase wrote: I recovered most of the folders, but all of those were empty. Does doing a detailed scan before a recovery increase odds of recovering a disk?
Recovery results mainly depend on what actually had happened with the disk, but yes, a detailed scan surely increases those odds.

Please, contact our techsupport with the crash problems.

zerophase

Post by zerophase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Sure. I completely deleted everything on the disk with rsync, by mounting the disk below where I was rsyncing to. On a related note on another disk I'm trying to recover a deleted VM r linux sees the missing VM, but only recovers a 0 byte file from it. Any tips on how to actually get the contents of that file, through individual file or folder content recovery?

I'll get that information to tech support. Which link should I use for contacting tech support.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:53 pm

zerophase wrote:I'll get that information to tech support. Which link should I use for contacting tech support.
Sent to you through a PM.

zerophase

Post by zerophase » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Alt wrote: Sent to you through a PM.
Hmm, I don't see any PMs.