Recover/undelete files on Asustor NAS?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
rickg

Recover/undelete files on Asustor NAS?

Post by rickg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 am

Has anyone used r-tools to recover data on a Asustor NAS, ADM version 2.5? If so, what tool and what process did you use? I found a post from 2015 on forum that indicated Asustor may use XFS and r-tools would support XFS in future but no other information.

Thank you!

Data-Medics

Re: Recover/undelete files on Asustor NAS?

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:24 pm

It probably is XFS, many NASs are these days. Unfortunately, R-Studio still doesn't support XFS. I've PM'd you with a couple recommendations of some software that does currently work with XFS (don't want to post other software recommendations here publically).

We're all hoping that soon R-TT will add this. :D

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:07 am

I am using LVM2 with XFS on Centos 7. Could you possibly send me info on file recovery utilities for XFS?

RForce

Post by RForce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 am

maxwell wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:07 am
I am using LVM2 with XFS on Centos 7. Could you possibly send me info on file recovery utilities for XFS?
I can't send you a PM on this forum and don't think it is fair for R-TT to have competing products mentioned. If you want to ask the question on my company's data recovery forum, I'd be happy to give you some options there.