Please add back scan time remaining display

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
-BR-

Please add back scan time remaining display

Post by -BR- » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 am

Hello.

To summarize, displaying time remaining while scanning a drive on the bottom righ bar was very usefull
If possible please bring time remaining back on the next release

Scan can take from some minutes to several hours (sometimes more that 10 hours)
On a healthy drive it was very accurate and very usefull to know that you should look into machine again after XX hours you should
But now I have to "guess" how much time it will take for scan to sinifh
To the point that I am choosing to use an old version just because the new ones don´t have that feature anymore

Also, if HDD has some kind of problem, like being slow, it was easily detectable by scanning time (i.e 1TB hdd generally takes XX hours to scan), much more than that and hdd or pc might have a problem

If possible please bring time remaining back on the next release
And congratulations on such a excelent software!

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Please add back scan time remaining display

Post by Alt » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:25 pm

It's a bug. Thank you for reporting.
We'll fix it in the nearest build.

abolibibelot

Re: Please add back scan time remaining display

Post by abolibibelot » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:23 pm

It should be noted that the estimated time remaining can be very inaccurate if the selection of files to be recovered contains folders containing a large number of small files (which are very slow to copy even with a fast SSD) and folders containing a moderate amount of large files (which are much faster to copy, in terms of amount of data per unit of time). I've had a case recently where R-Studio indicated a remaining time of 2h01 after 3h21 of extraction, at which point only 3788 files / 22Go out of 500000+ files / 200+GB remained to be extracted, and as those were mainly medium sized files, it was actually finished about 5 minutes later.