Partial cleaning of the registry key

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Harry

Partial cleaning of the registry key

Post by Harry » Wed May 06, 2020 3:20 pm

There is a registry key containing several subkeys. I need to remove only those that have a name in the form of a GUID, that is, {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}. These keys are created constantly and therefore always with different names.
The question is, is it possible in the wipe list to set the cleaning only those subkeys whose names begin with '{' and end with '}'? To prevent the removal of other subkeys.

Zorro

Re: Partial cleaning of the registry key

Post by Zorro » Thu May 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Harry wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:20 pm
There is a registry key containing several subkeys. I need to remove only those that have a name in the form of a GUID, that is, {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}. These keys are created constantly and therefore always with different names.
The question is, is it possible in the wipe list to set the cleaning only those subkeys whose names begin with '{' and end with '}'? To prevent the removal of other subkeys.
When adding a key, you can specify the names of the child keys that you want to clean.
In the panel that appears when you click the Add Registry Key button, you can do the following:

- click Advanced view
- click the edit button to the right of Subkeys to clean
- click Add Custom Subkey Name
- in the field Subkey name enter { and select begins with

Harry

Re: Partial cleaning of the registry key

Post by Harry » Fri May 08, 2020 11:24 am

Zorro wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:35 pm

When adding a key, you can specify the names of the child keys that you want to clean.
In the panel that appears when you click the Add Registry Key button, you can do the following:

- click Advanced view
- click the edit button to the right of Subkeys to clean
- click Add Custom Subkey Name
- in the field Subkey name enter { and select begins with
Thank you very much.
It's what I need.