Mac version: Mount in Demo mode?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
MrLogicBored

Mac version: Mount in Demo mode?

Post by MrLogicBored » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:38 am

Hi all, I'm just evaluating the software and its ability to tackle my issue. I've had a logic board failure and so have the apparently undamaged SSD in an external enclosure. R-studio can see all the data and restore under the demo file limit so all appears well. I just wanted to test the mounting an image feature before buying but after successfully creating an R-Drive Image type (.rdr) image the mount/unmount options are greyed out. In fact they're greyed out for everything even volumes I know to be mountable (such as a Windows partition on the same drive I can mount using Disk Utility).

Anyway, short question: is the mount/unmount function disabled in Demo mode for mac?

If it's not it might suggest another issue. Anyway, looks like great software.

thanks

Netgear

Re: Mac version: Mount in Demo mode?

Post by Netgear » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11040

Startup Disk, same problem.

WinPE o Windows 10/7 no problem...

MrLogicBored

Post by MrLogicBored » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Netgear, I think I kind of understand :? So it should work/mount in the Mac version of R-Studio but doesn't, is that right?

Are there any other Mac versions of r-tools software that will mount an R-Drive image? My aim is to be able to boot from the image on an external drive.

thanks

MrLogicBored

Post by MrLogicBored » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:45 pm

I might email the developers directly and post results here for anyone else interested.