R-Wipe & Clean traces cleanup

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
arrow

Post by arrow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Maybe I have an unusual question.
R-Wipe & Clean removes a huge amount of junk, but I need to clean the traces of R-Wipe & Clean itself.
I need to remove R-Wipe & Clean traces on a system where R-Wipe & Clean was not installed, R-Wipe & Clean files were just taken from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\R-Wipe & Clean" folder on another computer.
So, can anyone say what I need to delete manually in the registry and on disk in Windows 10?

JunkBuster

Re: R-Wipe & Clean traces cleanup

Post by JunkBuster » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am

I think your question is rather unclear than unusual.
If you assume that R-Wipe & Clean can leave a lot of logs and cached files on disk, then this is obviously a fun question about a cleaner.
So, you should provide more details about your case.

arrow

Post by arrow » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:52 pm

Well, what I do, I put the R-Wipe & Clean files on the disk, clean the system, then delete all the R-Wipe & Clean files, after which I need to make it impossible to detect that the R-Wipe & Clean was used on this system, since our CISO prohibits the use of the R-Wipe & Clean on working computers.
Of course, the R-Wipe & Clean can be started from a memory card or an external drive, but I think that this will not reduce the problem, but only increase the R-Wipe & Clean's operating time.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am

I think it’s better to use some powerful forensic tool to search for the names of the R-Wipe & Clean files on the disk and in the Registry, as well as the words wipe and clean.
But keep in mind that after this you may be puzzled by another problem: how to get rid of traces of using this tool.
Usually, when you need to perform such a disk cleanup, it connects to another computer and cleans up as an external drive.

biker

Post by biker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm

arrow wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:52 pm
since our CISO prohibits the use of the R-Wipe & Clean on working computers
Have any of your security staff explained how an R-Wipe & Clean can harm your computers?

arrow

Post by arrow » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Falcon wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am
I think it’s better to use some powerful forensic tool to search for the names of the R-Wipe & Clean files on the disk and in the Registry, as well as the words wipe and clean.
But keep in mind that after this you may be puzzled by another problem: how to get rid of traces of using this tool.
Usually, when you need to perform such a disk cleanup, it connects to another computer and cleans up as an external drive.
Thanks for the advice, but it seems that this way is not suitable in my case.

arrow

Post by arrow » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 pm

biker wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Have any of your security staff explained how an R-Wipe & Clean can harm your computers?
One of them said that if any employee violates the security policy, then after using the R-Wipe & Clean this will not be easy to detect.
None of us understands this, since it is not prohibited to use CCleaner and other top cleaning tools.