Recover data from remote computer over the Internet

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
-BR-

Recover data from remote computer over the Internet

Post by -BR- » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Hello.
Can someone please confirm if R-Studio Network (or other version) would allow to recover data from a remote computer over the Internet?
I know there is a Network Version, but I presume it´s for use in local networks only, not the internet with it's low speeds, latency and instabilities and firewalls and routers blocking ports along the way.

The main Idea would be able to attend to remote customers, without remote customers being able to view what is happening on monitor screen.
I think that it would be great, eben more now in times of covid19

Some examples of the funcionalities I would expect:

- One separate module from R-studio, small executable customer can run on his remote machine (will call it here Internet module)
- Internet module only show on monitor connection status messages, so remote customer would not be able to see what is being done
- Internet module should transfer what would be normaly seen on monitor to the normal R-studio which was used to connect to the Internet Module, so operator will have the same responses as he would have if he was working on a local machine
- In case of full HDD scan, scan data is performed where internet module is installed (impratical to send 1Tb+ over the internet)
- In case of file saving, files are saved where internet module is installed (same reason as above)
- But it would have the option to save files over the internet (so operator can test some files on his local machne maybe send some samples to customer later)
- Transefer monitor output over https 8080 protocol to avoid having to open and forward firewal or router ports (or other solution like team viewer uses),

Can you please confirm if R-Studio have such a solution?
If it doesn't would it be interesting and possible to add that in the near future?

Thank you
-BR-

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recover data from remote computer over the Internet

Post by Alt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:53 pm

This article will help you: R-Studio Technician: Data Recovery over the Internet. It'll be a good start.

RForce

Post by RForce » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:26 pm

I've done this by creating a tunnel through my remote support application.

-BR-

Post by -BR- » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:51 am

@Alt link did it foir me, but thank you both for replying ;)
Dear @Alt (developer), i sent you pm, please reaply when possible (not urgent)