Help with remote recovery over internet (R-Studio / R-Agent)

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
-BR-

Help with remote recovery over internet (R-Studio / R-Agent)

Post by -BR- » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:03 am

I'm trying R-Studo recovery over the interet before I upgrade my license, but I am having troubles.
Please note that I use R-Studio for more than 5 years, so I consider myself an experienced user
The problem is that whenever I use R-studio SCAN over the internet (R-Agent), file tree results are wrong (missing a lot of data)

Test conditions:

Scanned HDD is mechanical Sata 320GB (so SSD TRIM can not be the problem cause)
R-Agent 8.14 Build 1410 (Demo) on remote computer over internet, no ports forwarded
R-Studio 8.14.179623 (Demo) on my local machine both TCP and UPD ports 3174 forwarded to machine IP

I connect from R-Agent to R-Studio, connection success, all remote Hdds are listed

The next two tests using TeamViewer and running R-Studio locally:
R-Studio with access to hdd via in SATA port ---> just open hdd files (no scan) - file tree is ok - 160GB
R-Studio with access to hdd via in SATA port ---> scan hdd device - file tree is ok - 160GB

The next 2 tests using R-Studio R-Agent connection:
R-Studio access to hdd via R-Agent connection (Internet) ---> open hdd files (no scan) - file tree is ok - 160GB
R-Studio access to hdd via R-Agent connection (Internet) ---> scan hdd device - file tree is missing a lot of folders - only 6.7GB

I also tested with 3 different hdds, always the same results, (on scan over internet file tree is missing a lot of folders)
But the above example took note of more details to create this report

I would really like the scan feature to work over the internet, that would be the main purpose of buying the tech license + r-agent
Please advice if possible
Thank you

p.s.
I can run more tests if needed, send screenshots, logfiles, etc.