Lost my data trying to clone a disk, can't decide which software to use

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
jhator

Lost my data trying to clone a disk, can't decide which software to use

Post by jhator » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:19 am

I needed to clone an HDD with data to a new one, same brand, same model (toshiba MQ04ABF100), NTFS filesystem, no OS only data. However, I did such process backwards, and ended up with two blank disks. I used Lazesoft disk image & clone tool in hirens boot and, fortunately, didn't check up the option "sector by sector". I've tried recovering files using the demo Home version of undelete and it did find some files but not everything, and of course, it didn't respect file routes and directories. I'd like your help to solve several questions, please.

a) Which recovery software would be best to buy ? I had a problem with manually copying the files because their routes were too long, I'm not sure if windows would be the best at handling this scenario.
b) From said software, would there be any tutorial or instructions I can follow ? As you can infer, I'm no expert, I'm a little tech savvy but when I panic I don't take the best decisions. I've tried reading the info on forums but I feel lost with so much information.

I'd appreciate any input you can give me. And sorry, English is not my first language.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Lost my data trying to clone a disk, can't decide which software to use

Post by Alt » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:24 am

I think you may try two our file recovery software:
R-Undelete: File Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged, Deleted, Formatted, or Unsupported File System
R-Studio: Data Recovery from a Reformatted NTFS Disk
This software has their demo mode in which they perform all data recovery operations except saving recovered files larger than 256 KB.