R-Studio runs in text mode only

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
pca

R-Studio runs in text mode only

Post by pca » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi,

I have this problem with my HDD, during a chkdsk operation power went off, when PC restarted it do not boot.
It is a WinXP home, NTFS formatted, it starts to load drivers but stops at mup.sys, same if start in safe mode.
When use this HDD as secondary, windows sees HDD and allocate a letter drive but not accessible.
I made a recovery CD using your demo application, it boots ok, but it would not work in graphic mode, only on text mode.
It seems to see all file structure, seems no file is lost, I could recover 2 small files to USB drive.

My question now:

1. Is any option on your software to repair the entire HDD since all the file looks ok.
2. If not, can text mode recover multiple files at once or I need to go on one-by-one basis.
3. Is it enough to buy Recovery-NTFS license ($49) or R-studio ($79) license.

The system is a HP Pavilion, if that matters.

Thank you very much.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio runs in text mode only

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:31 am

1. No, all R-Studio and R-Undelete products only copy recovered files to another place. And all reliable file recovery software works this way to prevent irrecoverable data loss. This means that:
1) You have to have an external storage place large enough to store all recovered files.
2) You'll have to re-install OS on your computer once file recovery is completed.
2. Unfortunately, R-Studio Emergency in its text mode can recover only one-by-one files.
3. The R-Studio NTFS license ($49) is enough to recover files in your case.

pca

Post by pca » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks. What would be the issue preventing your software starting in graphic mode?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 pm

pca wrote:Thanks. What would be the issue preventing your software starting in graphic mode?
Some incompatibilities with the video system of your computer, most likely.