Image file created in R-Undelete readable in Explorer

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Dennis8888

Image file created in R-Undelete readable in Explorer

Post by Dennis8888 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:48 pm

I just purchased a copy of the program R-Undelete. I was wondering if images created with the recovery software are readable with windows explorer or other software other than R-Undelete?

I just thought I might be able to create hard drive images suitable for backup, re-installation, or single file recover with the R-Undelete package in addition to the many other file recover features it has.

Thank you for any response to my question.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Image file created in R-Undelete readable in Explorer

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:20 am

The prime goal of images in all R-TT data recovery software is to use them instead of actual drives for data recovery. This is important for two reasons: to work with malfunctioning drives and to prevent accidental corruption of actual data.
R-Studio (not R-Undelete!) can restore data from images on their actual drives by object copy.
R-Drive Image can restore data back from those images and connect them as virtual logical disks, provided that the R-Drive Image compatible image format is chosen when creating the images.
This is all for the images.

Dennis888

Re: Image file created in R-Undelete readable in Explorer

Post by Dennis888 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Thank you for your response. I think I will look into imaging software and see if it meets my needs.